If you’re aiming to make a greeting card to go with your flowers a bit more interesting then you might want to include some quotes. Using one or more quotations in your card is different to the standard card messages you get and can add an extra dimension to what took you’re trying to convey. There’s a good chance someone has already expressed what you want to say, and quite possibly better than you can. You may even prefer to use a humorous or funny quote to give the recipient a laugh.
Whatever the reason and whichever you use quotes are perfectly suited for greetings cards. If you want to use one yourself then try some of the examples below to give you an idea of the sort that are available. If you want more then doing a simple search on Google will give you a huge selection.
- A birthday is a time to reflect on the year gone by, but to also set your goals for the upcoming year.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.” Jean Paul Richter
- “A birthday is like a new year and my wish for you is a great year full of happiness and sunshine!”
- “A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!” Author Unknown
- “You’re not 40, you’re eighteen with 22 years experience.” Author Unknown
- “May happiness and sunshine fill your day not only on your birthday but the whole year through.” Author Unknown
- Real relationships are when you don’t have to pretend to be someone else, just to be liked for being someone you’re not. Happy anniversary.
- Looking at divorced couples make me feel that marriages are ephemeral. But you both have proved that marriages are truly eternal. Happy anniversary.
- Some of the best memories of a couple are not just the magic of their first few kisses but the magic they create every time they kiss for the rest of their lives. Happy anniversary.
- The wrinkles on your faces are not signs of how much you have aged, but how beautifully your marriage has survived the test of time. Happy anniversary.
- Not a long journey, your marriage is an adventure. Not a love story, your marriage is an epic tale of romance. Not a happy ending, your marriage is a blissful loop of sweet memories. Happy wedding anniversary.
- My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, both are infinite.
- All things do go a-courting,
In earth, or sea, or air,
God hath made nothing single
But thee in His world so fair.
- Who, being loved, is poor? ~Oscar Wilde
- Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. ~Emily Brontë
- There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage. ~Martin Luther
- You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than you dreams ~Dr Seuss
- All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. ~Leo Tolstoy
- Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get only with what you are expecting to give — which is everything ~Katherine Hepburn
- “The thing to do is to make so much money that you don’t have to work after the age of twenty-seven. In case this is impracticable, stop work at the earliest possible moment, even if it is at a quarter past eleven on the morning of the day when you find you do have enough money.” ~Robert Benchley
- “I’m now as free as the breeze — with roughly the same income.” ~Gene Perret .
- “Age is only a number, a cipher for the records. A man can’t retire his experience. He must use it.” ~Bernard Baruch
- “A gold watch is the most appropriate gift for retirement, as its recipients have given up so many of their golden hours in a lifetime of service.” ~Terri Guillemets
- “Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.” ~Herbert Asquith
- “Retirement is the ugliest word in the language.” ~Ernest Hemingway
- “Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness. ~William Wordswort
- “Retirement is having nothing to do and someone always keeping you from it. ~Robert Brault”
- “I try to treat each evening and weekend as little slices of retirement because no one is guaranteed a lengthy one at the end of their career.” ~Mike Hammar
- “Retirement is wonderful if you have two essentials — much to live on and much to live for. I believe that I now have both.”— Unknown wise person
- “As in all successful ventures, the foundation of a good retirement is planning.” -Earl Nightingale
- “There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences just waiting to happen. Some call it retirement. I call it bliss.” – Betty Sullivan
You can also try some funny retirement quotes too.
- May memories of “name of deceased” and the love of family surround you and give you strength in the days ahead.
- Thinking of you and wishing you peace and comfort as you remember “name of deceased”.
- Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
- Hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends and family for strength, and always remember how much you are loved.
- Forever Remembered, Forever Missed
- “I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day. We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year. And thus I drift along into the holidays – let them overtake me unexpectedly – waking up some fine morning and suddenly saying to myself: ‘Why, this is Christmas Day!’” ~ David Grayson
- “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring
Is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.” ~ Meredith Willson, “It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas”
- “Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.” ~ Oren Arnold